Why should people go with your business instead of someone else’s? In a world with so much of the same and seemingly endless options, what makes your company stand out from the pack? In order for clients to choose your service over others, they first must know your Unique Selling Proposition, or USP, a powerful marketing tool.
What is a USP?
- To be unique, it must be something that your company has that the competition isn’t offering.
- It should show potential clients an advantage they will have if they go with you.
- In order to be attractive, it must be simple and relate-able.
A Unique Selling Point is so important to have that even the biggest names in business view it as a must. What makes M & Ms so awesome? They melt in your mouth, not your hand! Why do millions order Dominoes Pizza when they have the munchies? Delivery in 30 minutes or less or it’s free!
What’s your USP?
You may be thinking that you offer a service very similar to your competition, but we know that’s not true because everyone is different in their own way. You just have to find out in what way, so here’s some tips:
- Make a list of everything that your company offers or does.
- Now choose which ones really highlight what you do as a company.
- Next, add to that list positive comments that clients have made about your business.
- Circle anything on the list that you think makes what you offer unique from the norm.
- Finally, find an appealing way to explain one of the circled items on your list!
Need help explaining your Unique Selling Proposition to others? No problem, we can definitely help you out. In fact its pretty much what we do, but in the mean time we hope these tips can hold you over.
So what’s your USP? Let us know in the comments below!
Marc Lindner is a Marketing Consultant here at ExplanatoryVideos.com
Connect with Marc on Google+
If you would like to have an explainer video produced or would like more information, click here to drop us a line and get a FREE CONSULTATION and QUOTE.