Adding Video Content to your marketing strategy with the use of social media is really a no brainer. In-fact it’s really the key to unlocking the value of social media.
A report by The U.S. Digital Video Benchmark says that “Brands should create more video for use in social marketing and publishers should increase social media marketing efforts to attract more engaged digital video viewers”.* Let’s break it down…
What we already know:
- Video content although shorter provides twice the amount of non-video content and keeps consumers engaged. See Kenny Simpsons blog where he reveals his Video Marketing genius about this topic here.
The statistics prove it:
- Digital video consumption has grown 30% year over year and in 1 quarter video consumption grew 13%. That means that people are looking to video content more and more and the demand for it is growing. Don’t miss out and act now! Consumers are practically begging for video explenators.
- In just one year video engagement jumped from 42% share to 70% share. Showing that Facebook users are rewarding companies that have invested in video content.
- In 1st quarter of 2012 – 55% of viral reach share belonged to video content by the 4thquarter it grew to 77%. That’s a large margin!
- And of course, who can forget Twitter? The use of Twitter with video content refers 16% of social traffic. That statistic shows that if you have video content posted to twitter you have more of a chance for your video content to be shared than any other type of content.
What does it all mean?
- Mobile devices such as smart-phones and tablets are on the rise and that means MORE mobile video consumption is on the rise. Mobile video stats have tripled and currently account for over 10% of video starts. Although most videos are consumed on PCs, views on mobile devices has tripled from 2011-2012.
- Data proves that marketers who produce video content will have better results than non-video content.
Social media is exploding – find ways (they are out there) to weave more video content into your marketing channels such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Create more video content and post it to Facebook to increase Viral Reach. It’s free marketing that will get your product out there.
More engaging video content and higher quality content will go beyond social media and produce a real return on your investment by increasing your viewing audience!
Are you finding other avenues of social marketing beneficial? Share you thoughts! While your sharing, why not “share” this blog? Let’s increase our Viral Reach together! Find out more statistics from Adobe Digital by clicking here.
*Adobe Digital Index Team took their stats from 19.6 billion video starts on media websites to show the growth of broadcast video consumption across connected devices.
Sara Narducci is a Associate Producer at ExplanatoryVideos.com
Find Sara on Google+
If you would like to have an explainer video produced or would like more information, click here to drop us a line and get a FREE CONSULTATION and QUOTE.